What information does Granite Supplements collect?
Our purpose in collecting your personal information, is to provide you with a more customized experience. This information lets us provide services and features that we think are more likely to meet your needs. Of course, users can browse our Website without providing any personal information, but once you give us this personal information, you are not anonymous to us.
Granite Supplements collects two types of information when you visit our Website: information that may be used to identify you individually, such as your name and email address (“personal information”), and non-personal information, such as IP addresses, the type of browser you are using, and aggregated information about user activities on our Website (“non-personal information”).
- Personal Information: We specifically request personal information from you at certain points on our Website. For example, when you purchase product through our Website, enroll in any of our forums or sign up for any email lists, we collect personal information to complete the transaction. This information may include, without limitation, your name, shipping and billing addresses, telephone number, email address, and credit card information. From time to time, we may also request personal information about you and your interests in surveys, contest entry forms, or in other ways. You may always choose not to provide us with your personal information; however, this may limit our ability to provide you with a specific product or service, or to offer you personalized content.
- Non-Personal Information: When you visit our Website, we also collect non-personal information, such as your IP address, which is a number that can be used to identify your location and Internet Service Provider. We may also collect the URL from which you came to our Website and the URLs visited on our Website. A URL is the full address of a Website page, which may contain some personal or identifying information about the person who is viewing it.
- Use of Pixel Tags: We may also collect information through the use of “pixel tags” included in email messages we may send to you. Pixel tags are tiny graphic files, not visible to the human eye, that are included in HTML-encoded email messages. When such a message is opened in an HTML-capable email program, the recipient’s computer will access our server to retrieve the pixel tag file, allowing us to record and store, along with the recipient’s email address, the date and time the recipient viewed the email message, the fact that the recipient’s email program is capable of receiving HTML-encoded email, and other standard logging information. The pixel tag also may see or read cookies.
How does Granite Supplements use or disclose the information it collects?
Granite Supplements’s Use of Personal Information and Non-Personal Information: We use your personal information to process your requests, to improve the features of our Website, and to communicate with you. We may also use your personal information to personalize our Website, to target advertising or promotions that may be of interest to you, and to analyze aggregate user data in order to improve our services. On occasion, we may also contact you about Granite Supplements products or services that we think you will find useful. We might also contact you to see if you are interested in participating in market research regarding Granite Supplements. For information about opting out of such communications, please see our Opt-Out Policy section below.
- Co-Branded Offers: In arranging to have marketing and promotional information of certain companies or businesses with whom Granite Supplements may have formed a strategic alliance (“Affiliated Companies”), we may disclose to the Affiliated Companies your personal information, including information such as your shipping address, billing information, telephone number, and credit card information. If you do not want to us to disclose your personal information to the Affiliated Companies, please refer to the Opt-Out Policy below.
- Third-Party Offers: In arranging to have marketing and promotional information of third-party companies that we think might be of interest to you, we may disclose your personal information, including information such as your shipping address, billing information, telephone number, and credit card information to nonaffiliated third parties not controlled by Granite Supplements. If you do not want to us to disclose your personal information to third-party companies, please refer to the Opt-Out Policy below.
- Cookies: We may use cookie and IP address information to count and track Website visits in the aggregate, to personalize the Website for each unique user, to control the frequency of individual advertisements to individual computers, and to target advertisements and promotions to broad demographic segments. We may also use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Website.
- Customer Service Issues and Contacts: We may use your email address to contact you in response to customer service complaints you have submitted, to address a problem affecting your use of the service, or to verify information concerning a transaction.
- Transaction Processing: When you make a purchase on our Website, we may need to provide personal information, including information such as your shipping address, billing information, telephone number, and credit card information, to third parties, including product manufacturers and shipping companies, as necessary solely to complete the transaction.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose personal information when we deem necessary or appropriate to law enforcement or other entities or third parties as required by law or to protect our rights or the rights of others, to prevent harm to persons or property, to fight fraud, identity theft, or otherwise to comply with the law or legal process, to respond to claims, to protect our systems and customers, to ensure the integrity and operation of our business and systems, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Granite Supplements and its employees or others.
- Business and Accounting Disclosures: We may also disclose non-identifying transaction information to third parties for the purpose of accounting and record keeping. We may also disclose aggregate user data or non-personal information in order to describe our services to prospective business partners, advertisers, and others, but will do so only in a form that does not identify individual users.
You may opt out of receiving communication from us, from Affiliated Companies, or from other third parties by emailing us at: email@example.com or writing to us at:
Granite Supplements Inc.
30 Waterworks Way
Irvine, CA. 92618
Also, when we contact you via email, we may include instructions to unsubscribe from future emails if you so choose.
This Website has industry-standard security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, and we make good-faith efforts to store your personal information in a secure operating environment. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
Other Websites, Links
We may include links to Websites operated by our business partners, affiliates, advertisers, and others. These third parties have separate data collection and privacy practices independent from ours, and thus Granite Supplements cannot be responsible for their policies or activities. Please contact those third parties directly if you have questions about their privacy policies.
Community Center/Community Chatrooms/Message Boards
If our Website includes online forums, chatrooms, message boards, and other interactive technologies that allow comments, messages, emails, and postings to be associated with a user’s name or email address. Any information you post is public information and Granite Supplements cannot control what use third parties may make of this personal information.
All of these forums are public. Please consider this before you post.
How can I correct, update, or delete my information?
You may change or update the personal information we have collected by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your email address, your order number, the name of the product you purchased, and the information you wish to change. In addition, you may delete the cookie stored on your computer, which will cause our system to perceive you as a new user with no known user data. You may also set your browser to reject cookies, but doing so may prevent you from using some of our services. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future e-mail or text communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., sales confirmations, shipping notifications, recalls, product information, service/reminder notices and account maintenance).
Note: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, users must be able to delete their personal information if so requested.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident and a customer of ours, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your Personal Information with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Civil Code § 1798.83 provides you with the right to submit a request to us and receive the following information:
- The categories of personal information we disclose to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of third parties that received such information; and
- If the nature of a third party’s business cannot be reasonably determined from the third party’s name, examples of the products or services marketed.
Please see our contact information below to make such a request.
As stated herein, our Website is a “general audience” website and not directed toward children. However, certain areas of our Site may contain interactive features that allow registered users to post content or information (the “Interactive Services”). If any of our Interactive Services are either: (1) directed toward California residents under the age of eighteen (18); or (2) if we have actual knowledge that a registered user of the Interactive Services is a California resident under the age of eighteen (18), we will permit such registered user to remove (if applicable) or request that we remove or anonymize such content or information as posted by the registered user, to the extent required by California Business and Professions Code § 22581. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) and would like to request the removal or anonymization of content or information you have posted on or to our Interactive Services, please see our contact information below to make such a request.
Like almost every Website, Granite Supplements may be accessed by an international audience. By visiting our Website and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be processed for the purposes identified in this policy. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction and in jurisdictions which may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that you can set in certain web browsers. When you turn on DNT, the browser may send a signal or other message to web services requesting that they not track you. At this time, our information collection practices will continue to apply as described in this Policy, regardless of any DNT signals that are sent by certain browsers or selected by you. For more information about DNT, please visit AllAboutDNT.org.
What happens to my information if Granite Supplements is sold to or merges with another company?
Changes to This Policy
This policy may change from time to time. If we make any substantive changes to the policy in the future with regard to how we use your information, we will post those changes on our Website in this location together with the date of the last update. Your continued use of the Website after the changes are posted constitutes your agreement to the changes, both with regard to information we have previously collected from you and with regard to information we collect from you in the future. If you do not agree to the changes, please discontinue your use of our Website.
Last changed: September 12, 2019
Contacting Granite Supplements
Granite Supplements, Inc.
30 Waterworks Way
Irvine, CA. 92618
or email us: email@example.com