Name: Ariel Alberto
Hometown: Richmond, California
Current Location: Richmond, California
Family: My wife, Linda Alberto. I have 2 younger brothers, I am the oldest.
Occupation: Bodybuilding prep coach in the bay area.
Top Lifts/ Career Highlights
- 2011 6 months after being stabbed–Fresno Classic (2nd place unlimited lightweight)
- 2011 Contra Costa Championships 2011(3rd place unlimited lightweight; 4th place novice lightweight)
- 2011 Sac Show (1st place unlimited lightweight champion; 1st place novice lightweight champion)
- 2012 San Francisco Championships (1st place unlimited lightweight champion; 1st place novice lightweight champion)
- 2015 Muscle Contest Grand Prix (1st place unlimited light weight champion; 1st place novice lightweight champion)
- 2016 jr USA (7th place classic A)
Your favorite type of training right now
Right now it is performance based training-Focused on working on my overall athleticism.
I take too many vitamins to mention, but every morning that is the very first thing I do. I also take both Granite’s Keto Factor and Arc Reactor before every workout.
Favorite Cheat Food
I love a good bacon cheeseburger! I will go through phases when I get tired of it, but I always seem to go back to it! I am always looking around for the best burger whenever I travel!
Favorite Diet Food
I love fats! Anything high fat in my diet food doesn’t even taste like diet food to me!
Favorite Exercise in Gym
What’s in your gym bag?
Right now— Granite: Arc Reactor, basketball shoes, basketball, post workout meal, and an extra water bottle & shaker cup.
What do you like to do outside of the gym?
I love spending time with my church, family and friends. I also love going to basketball & football games!
Biggest gym pet peeve
Do you have any hero’s or mentors in the sport?
I have a few mentors: Dave Palumbo has been a huge mentor ever since I started competing and prepping clients. John Meadows is also a great mentor: I admire his competing career, how he has continued to grow his business, and how much he loves his family. When I first started competing I got a lot of inspiration from Stan McQuay and really looked up to his physique.
Tell us a little bit about yourself, your background, and how you came about in the sport
I am the owner & founder of Cutz Fitness online coaching. I am a contest prep coach both for NPC and IFBB. I also own Cutz studio in El Cerrito which is located 10 minutes from where I currently live. During my time away from bodybuilding I love to play basketball, enjoy time with family, and fellowship.