Organic Plant Protein is Here
All Together Now—What Do Muscles Need To Repair And Grow?
- Are all proteins the same? No.
- Is there a difference between plant and animal proteins? Yes.
- Do you trust that Granite Supplements knows the difference and has formulated a plant-based protein with the right balance of amino acids to repair and grow muscle? Good!
Let’s take a look.
Protein is a macronutrient essential to maintain the body’s structure, it’s made up of amino acids. There are 22 types of amino acids, nine are essential amino acids which the body can’t produce or store, so they must come from diet.
The difference between plant and animal protein involves their amino acid content: complete or incomplete. Most animal proteins contain all nine essential amino acids and are considered “complete.” However, most plant proteins have inadequate quantities of the nine essential amino acids. Our plant protein has been uniquely formulated to provide a balanced and varied amino acid profile due to our formula containing five different plant sources.
But Wait, There’s More.
We have this mental image that a big, juicy steak will somehow provide better protein than a modest bowl of grains and legumes—but it just isn’t true. Ample studies have shown plant protein to be just as efficacious as animal protein for muscle recovery and growth.
Animal proteins have the benefit of providing iron and vitamin B-12, but also contain saturated fat and cholesterol. Plant proteins are rich in phytonutrients, antioxidants, and fiber, but must come from multiple sources.
There isn’t a right or wrong when it comes to animal or plant-based diets. Both have their benefits and drawbacks.
Science Backed Ingredients
Granite Supplements’ Organic Plant Protein packs 21 grams of protein derived from five organic plant protein sources: pea, pumpkin, chia seed, brown rice, and coconut milk. These have been uniquely formulated to provide a perfect amino acid score equivalent to whey. Our ultra-premium, organic sources are free from the grit or chalkiness often associated with plant-based powders. The addition of coconut milk gives a smooth and creamy texture. We’ve also added protease enzymes so it’s easy to digest.
- Peas contain a surprising amount of protein along with Vitamins A, K, C, Thiamine, Folate, Manganese, Iron, and Phosphorus. They are also rich in polyphenol antioxidants. Low in calories and high in fiber, peas reduce appetite and promote feelings of fullness—they are an excellent part of any weight management program.
- Pumpkin is considered a superfood, rich in protein, Vitamins A, C, B2, E, Potassium, Copper, Manganese, Iron, and high in Beta-carotene. Like peas it is also low in calories and high in fiber—bringing those same health benefits for weight management.
- Chia Seeds are 14% protein, by weight. They also contain fiber, Omega-3s, Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, and Phosphorus. Despite their tiny size, chia seeds are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet.
- Brown Rice is whole rice with the inedible outermost husk layer removed. The hull, bran, and germ are preserved. In addition to quality protein, brown rice is rich in branched-chain amino acids which are beneficial for repairing and building muscle fibers. Studies suggest that rice protein isolate may offer similar benefits to whey protein.
- Coconut Milk is made from the flesh of mature brown coconuts. It’s grated and steeped in water to produce the rich, creamy “milk.” High in calories from fats known as medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), these are used for ketone or energy production, not fat storage. Although coconut milk also contains protein, its real benefit is the solubility and texture it brings when mixed into a drink or smoothie.
Your Body, Your Fitness Journey
At Granite Supplements, we understand that everyone is on their own fitness journey and each body has its own specific nutritional needs. That’s why we like to offer choices. Consider choosing our Organic Plant Protein if any of these apply to you:
- Vegan or Vegetarian
- Building lean muscle
- Weight Management support
- Reducing cholesterol
- Lowering blood pressure
- Increasing daily fiber intake
- Keto and Paleo friendly
- Gluten, soy, and dairy free
- Digestive support
- Antioxidant support
Granite Supplements’ Organic Plant Protein is carefully engineered and balanced for bioavailability, taste, mixability, and texture for athletes, active individuals, and anyone looking for a premium plant-based protein source in their diet to build lean muscle and recover after exercise. It’s available in unflavored and chocolate.